Pages

February 01, 2013

Recently

What a week.  On Sunday the girls were bouncing in their inflatable bouncer when they bumped together and Miss C started bleeding from her mouth.  I rushed her to the bathroom and tried to clean her up.  There was so much blood, I couldn't see where the injury was at first.  She had torn her frenulum (the membrane between the upper gum and lip).  I gave her a cold wet washcloth to bite down on and that seemed to help her to calm down.  We had cuddles and then we sat and watched Winnie the Pooh to help her recover. 

Then on Monday, I had to go to the post office and while I was waiting to pay, Miss C bumped into the counter and chipped her tooth.  She was crying so badly, I felt so sorry for her.  I stopped in at the dentist on my way home.  Luckily, we live about a two minute drive away from our local dentist.  They booked me an emergency appointment.  I had thirty minutes to go home and unpack the groceries and feed Miss S lunch before dashing out again.  Miss C was so brave.  The nurse had a quick look at her and then took an x-ray.  There was no damage to the nerve ending that could be seen and the tooth was not wiggly.  The dentist came to see her and said it's very common for young children to chip their teeth.  At this point he didn't believe we needed to cap it.  He told me the warning signs to look for over the next few weeks / months as trauma to a tooth can show much later than at the time of the accident.  Hopefully, her tooth will recover well.
If you look closely, you can see the chipped top tooth
As if that wasn't enough for the week, the little misses were playing upstairs and Miss C managed to trap her middle finger in her sister's bedroom door.  She was screaming so loudly, I thought one of their limbs must have fallen off!  Poor little thing has a very bruised finger.  Hopefully, the lesson will be learned to keep fingers well away from doors.  
Homemade chicken broth
I have been fighting the sniffles this week.  I made honey lemon cough drops for the first time.  I enjoyed them - the girls not so much.  I made lollipops for them, thinking that would be more fun (and safer for Miss C), but they did not enjoy the taste of the honey.  I have also been sipping on hot water flavoured with lemon juice and honey and eating chicken soup and cream of broccoli soup made from homemade chicken broth (and lots of onions and garlic).  

Hopefully, I will be able to fight this cold off as we are heading on a trip next weekend to DISNEYLAND!!!  It's the first time for all of us and the girls are very excited.  We are staying for five days at the original Disneyland hotel.  The girls can't wait to ride on Dumbo.  I'm looking forward to seeing the teacups and the fireworks over the castle.  Let's hope it lives up to expectations!

Any advice / tips for first time visitors?  Are there any rides we have to do?  Which are your favourites?

I hope your week has been better than mine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated!