Pages

May 08, 2013

How to Descale a Kettle

How to Descale a Kettle

My kettle gets a lot of use.  I love my morning cup of tea!  I also live in a hard water area so limescale builds up quickly. It's best to try and deal with it regularly to keep it in check. Descaling your kettle is a quick and easy job.

Here's my kettle before (yuck!):

and after:

Nice and shiny!

Pour in a cup of white vinegar and then fill the kettle with cold water about half way up.  Boil this mixture. Then wet paper towel sheets with vinegar and lay them around the top edge of the kettle and into the spout.  Gently pull the lid down (not completely), then let the whole thing sit for an hour or two.  

When the time is up, wipe the top edge of the kettle using the paper towel and pour out the water/vinegar mixture. Make sure to rinse the kettle out thoroughly with clean water.  

Enjoy your sparkly kettle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated!