Pages

May 10, 2013

Watermelon Ice Pops

Watermelon Ice Pops

We have been enjoying nice weather this week, so I decided to make some watermelon ice pops for the girls.  I bought a mini watermelon and cut it in half.  Then I cut it into chunks and pureed it in the blender until smooth.  I wanted to make sure that there were no seeds in the puree, so I pushed the mixture through cheesecloth.  Then I poured the watermelon puree into tiny ice pop moulds (these ones were from Canadian Superstore/Loblaws) and froze for 8 hours.  

When ready to serve, simply run the moulds under warm water for a few seconds and pull out. 

You can also add in chopped fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, kiwi) for variety.  If you don't have popsicle moulds, you can pour the mixture into paper Dixie cups or ice cube trays, cover with aluminum foil, slit a hole in the top for the stick and freeze.  

The girls loved them!

What is your favourite flavour?  Feel free to share your favourite recipe in the comments below.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated!