Pages

May 24, 2013

Yummy Dessert: Yogurt Covered Strawberries

Yummy Dessert Yogurt Covered Strawberries

We have been enjoying these yummy yogurt covered strawberries for dessert this week.  It's so easy to do, I don't think it even counts as a recipe.

Gather your ingredients.  Suggestions for fruit you can use are strawberries, blueberries, bananas, kiwi or mango.
Dip your chosen fruit into the Greek yogurt.  I used plain yogurt and flavoured it with a splash of vanilla extract.  You could also just buy honey, vanilla or your favourite flavour of yogurt.  Swirl until evenly covered.  
Lay the fruit on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment or wax paper.  Place into the freezer for an hour or two to harden.  

Remove from the freezer and serve.  I find that the yogurt is not as tangy once frozen and tastes quite sweet with the strawberries.  A lovely way to finish a meal.  

Have you tried this?  Which are your favourite fruits to use?

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a healthy dessert...my girls will love making these! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Grace. I hope your girls enjoy the dessert.

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I didn't know that yogurt would freeze like that. I'm visiting you today from Trendy Treehouse. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Megin. Your blog is linked on my link parties page.

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Hey Debbie,
    Its so healthy & delicious with beautiful appearance.I will try it for my child to make him happy.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    Stella
    YoMyGoodness

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated!