Pages

June 05, 2013

Homemade Shower Cleaner

Homemade Shower Cleaner

I have been experimenting with homemade cleaners over the last year, but I hadn't found a cleaner that would work on the soap scum in my shower.  I had seen this recipe on various blogs and thought I would give it a try.  

Here's a before photo of the glass...


and after.  Much better!


Here's a before photo of the hardware...


and after.  So much shinier (but not perfect!).


The recipe I used is 2 parts of white vinegar to 1 part of Dawn blue dish soap.  You can also just use equal parts of the white vinegar and dish soap, but I found this to be very sudsy and it took a great amount of rinsing off.  Also, be warned, this mixture smells quite strong.  Open a window, or use the bathroom fan while cleaning.

Overall, this mixture did a great job, but I do not like the smell.  I will experiment with using a few drops of the dish soap with warm vinegar and see if I like the results any better.  

Have you tried this?  Do you have a favourite homemade shower recipe you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated!