Here are some fitness ideas for busy moms.
1. Do something you like. If you enjoy exercising you'll be more likely to do it regularly.
2. Take a walk or bike ride with your children. Enjoy the fresh air as a family.
3. Make an appointment with yourself. Plan your workouts (so you have a good balance throughout the week) and write them on your calendar. Your health is as important as taking your children to their dental appointments. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are able to give the best of yourself to your family.
4. Use a fitness DVD. Choose something you enjoy doing (yoga, for example) and use it during nap time, or do it with your older children.
5. Play with your children. Have a dance party, jump rope, play tag, jump on a trampoline or play together at the playground.
6. Multi-task. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk around the pitch while watching your child's soccer match. Do squats while cooking dinner. Flex your abs while waiting in line. Do calf raises while brushing your teeth.
7. Exercise while watching t.v. Use a resistance band or do squats, push-ups and sit-ups while the commercials are on. Walk on the treadmill while watching your favourite show.
8. Do the housework. Put on some fast tempo music and see how quickly you can clean the house.
9. Use weights. Resistance training will improve muscle tone and strength, increase bone density, reduce body fat, boost metabolism and improve your sleep.
10. Prioritize your sleep. Try your best to get the required amount of sleep that you need.
I hope these ideas help you.
Do you have any other fitness tips? What works for you?