Pages

August 16, 2013

Trim Healthy Mama Skinny Chocolate

THM Skinny Chocolate

This recipe is from the Trim Healthy Mama book by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett.  

Over the last few months, I have been reading and re-reading this book (it is 650 pages long) and starting to implement the life style changes.  The good thing is that you don't need to give up chocolate!  

The main ingredient for this recipe is coconut oil.  Coconut oil has wonderful health benefits, such as increasing the body's metabolic rate, strengthening the immune system, improving the digestive system and lowering cholesterol levels.  

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
natural sweetener to taste (I use coconut sugar or stevia)

Directions:

1.  Put all the ingredients in a glass bowl and heat gently over a saucepan filled with simmering water.

2.  Mix together.

3.  Pour into silicone muffin tins, just until the bottoms are covered, or onto a baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper.

4.  Freeze until hard.  Store in the freezer as this will melt quickly at room temperature.

Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. I love coconut oil! I might have to try this chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making chocolate very similar, but I use Xylitol for a sweetener, (it's for my husband, I can't eat chocolate or xylitol or coconut oil because of allergies). He also likes flaked unsweetened coconut added after putting it in egg poaching cups to harden. One source I saw claimed cocoa powder was inferior to cacao powder in anti-oxidants, so I try to use that, it is more expensive and harder to find. Rose Mountain Herbs has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah - thanks so much for your comment. I love your idea to add unsweetened coconut flakes.

      Delete

All comments are appreciated!