Pages

August 12, 2013

Weekend Fun

Hi everyone.

What a busy and fun weekend we had.

Friday night was my in-law's anniversary party to celebrate their golden anniversary.  This was at a beach house in their local town (which I forgot to take photos of).

All dressed and ready to go

My pretty girls
The cake
The cake table

I have mentioned on the blog about the guest book that Miss S and I had been working on and here it is.


Miss S drew pictures of England, her Nana and Grandpa dating, the church where they were married, flowers and wedding bells, dressed in their wedding finery, the train taking them on honeymoon and a picture of Edinburgh Castle where they spent time on honeymoon.  

The pictures were scanned in to the computer and I added lines in Word where the guests could write messages.  Then all the pages were printed onto parchment letter paper and cut to size.  The covers were made from chipboard and Italian metallic paper.  Then everything was hole punched and I carefully bound it all together with satin ribbon.  It was a long process, but fun.  

Here's an example of the inside pages.  

Nana and Grandpa dating
Saturday afternoon was the family and friends party at my in-laws' house.  It was lovely to see everyone.  


The cake that my lovely sister-in-law made

Yesterday I managed to cross off another item on my bucket list.  I went ziplining!

I went to the zipline at Canada Olympic Park.  This is the fastest zipline in North America.  Riders reach speeds of between 120 and 140 km/h.  The zipline has a vertical drop of more than 100 metres (30 storeys) and is 500 metres (1/2 km) long.  

I was both excited and terrified to do this!






Some of the bruises I have
I had a fantastic time on the zipline.  The views from the top were amazing.  The only thing that spoiled it was the very severe stop at the end (which you are warned about and even have a parachute to try and slow you down).  You hit the spring /shock absorber at about 100 - 120 km/h and it is quite the jolt!  I have bruises on my elbows, right shoulder, rib cage and am generally quite stiff and sore in my neck and shoulders. Saying that, I would absolutely do it again!

Hope you all had a great weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated!