Pages

October 06, 2013

31 Days of Autumn {Day 6}: DIY Autumn Wreath


Looking for a quick and easy fall project?  How about this wreath?  

I had never made a wreath before.  This was my first attempt and I loved it!



Materials:

1 ball of yarn in colour of your choice
1 wreath form
decorations of your choice
scissors
pins
glue gun (and glue!)
ribbon to hang the wreath

I started with 3/4 of a ball of Red Heart Super Saver 364 yds / 333 m worsted medium yarn in Aran.

Directions:


Tie the end of your yarn around the wreath form and tie a knot.  Cut the end of the yarn off.


Start wrapping the wreath with yarn.  Don't worry too much about any gaps, as they will be covered by your next layer of yarn.


This is my wreath after one layer.


and after three layers.

When you are satisfied with the yarn, start applying the decorations.  I made felt flowers using this tutorial and attached them using pins.  When I had the arrangement the way I wanted, I hot glued them on.


Use a ribbon to hang the wreath from your door.  I attached mine to a Command Hook on the inside of my pantry door.  I love how this brightens up my kitchen.  



{This is day 6 in a 31 day series celebrating autumn.  Click here for more autumn ideas.}


7 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty wreath. I love how the colors of the flowers pops while the rest of the wreath is a nice elegant light color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wreath! I can't believe this is the first one you've ever made! Wonderful, wonderful job. I popped over from Domestic Superhero-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby, thanks so much for the sweet words! It was very easy and I could see myself becoming addicted to making them. :)

      Delete
  3. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://lemonpaperdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/craft-create-inspire-linky-party.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated!