Pages

November 20, 2013

Homemade Holiday: Gingerbread Play Dough Recipe


This makes a quick and easy Christmas gift for little ones.  

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup table salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

1.  Put the flour, cream of tartar and salt in a medium saucepan and stir together.  

2.  Add the spices.  Feel free to add more or less depending upon your preferred colour and fragrance.  

3.  Add the water and vegetable oil.  

4.  Heat and stir over a medium low heat.  The mixture will start to thicken and be lumpy.  

5.  Continue to heat for a couple of minutes until the dough clumps together and comes away from the sides of the pan.  

6.  Turn out onto wax or parchment paper and leave to cool for about 10 - 15 minutes.  

7.  Knead until smooth and package in an airtight container.  


3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your post via the Handmade Tuesdays link up. I'm so glad I did because I've been looking for some activities to do with my son and a couple of his friends for Thanksgiving. This looks like the perfect activity! Thanks for sharing :-)

    By the way, some friends and I just started a holiday-themed link up last week. The party happens each Friday until Christmas. I'd love it if you came by and linked up :-) The first one is about to end but here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.aromaofhim.com/2013/11/the-merriest-blog-hop-1-countdown-to.html.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia - thanks for visiting. I have linked up to your party. Have fun making play dough. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Debbie! It's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! Thank you so much for linking up at the Merriest Blog Hop! I can't wait to see all of your holiday ideas...I love this for my little guy. I am always on the lookout for something that he can play with where if he eats it, it's not the end of the world. Because everything goes in his mouth right now :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated!