This makes a quick and easy Christmas gift for little ones.
1 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup table salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Put the flour, cream of tartar and salt in a medium saucepan and stir together.
2. Add the spices. Feel free to add more or less depending upon your preferred colour and fragrance.
3. Add the water and vegetable oil.
4. Heat and stir over a medium low heat. The mixture will start to thicken and be lumpy.
5. Continue to heat for a couple of minutes until the dough clumps together and comes away from the sides of the pan.
6. Turn out onto wax or parchment paper and leave to cool for about 10 - 15 minutes.
7. Knead until smooth and package in an airtight container.