These brownies are great for gifting. Be sure to make one for yourself too.
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Measure all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Add the vanilla, oil, eggs and water.
4. Mix with a wooden spoon for about 15 - 20 strokes. Be careful to not over-mix.
5. Spoon into a greased 8" x 8" pan.
6. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool and cut into pieces.
Directions for gift jar:
Layer all the dry ingredients, in the order given, into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid. Makes about 4 cups (1L) of mixture. Don't forget to include a recipe card so the recipient can make the brownies.