This recipe makes 24 deliciously moist cupcakes.
2 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup nearly boiling water
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
seeds from 2 vanilla beans
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
3. Add oil, water and milk and mix for 1 minute at medium speed.
4. Add eggs, vanilla extract and vanilla seeds and mix together for another minute. The batter will be thin.
5. Put cupcake liners into tin and fill about half full with mixture.
6. Bake for approximately 18 - 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool and decorate with your favourite vanilla buttercream.
I cannot claim credit for this wonderful recipe. It comes from McKenna at WannaBite.com.