1 1/2 sticks soft butter
3 1/2 tbsp fine granulated sugar
3 1/2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp custard powder (I use Bird's Custard)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
7 tbsp soft butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp custard powder
yellow food coloring, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cream the butter, sugars, egg yolks, custard powder and vanilla together.
4. Add the flour and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
5. Form into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap.
6. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Once ready, roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4" thick.
8. Cut out into your preferred shape using a cutter.
9. Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until golden.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
11. To prepare the filling, cream the butter, icing sugar, custard powder and food colouring together.
12. When the biscuits are cool, ice them together with the filling.
Adapted from the lovely Vicky's English recipe at S'tasty.