1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup egg whites (approximately 7 eggs) or 100% liquid egg whites from the carton
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
2 - 3 tsp Truvia (I use 6 tsp of coconut sugar for the girls' pancakes)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place oats into blender and blend until oats turn into powder.
2. Turn off blender and add egg whites, cottage cheese, baking powder, Truvia (sugar) and vanilla extract.
3. Blend well.
4. Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick fry pan to medium temperature. Spray the pan with a small amount of oil spray or butter.
5. Ladle mix into pan into pancake shapes.
6. Once bottom of pancakes are golden brown and tops have bubbles, carefully flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown again.
7. Serve with sugar-free topping of your choice.
Recipe from Trim Healthy Mama by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett