* Miss C has been practising her drawing and painting recently and has now begun to draw stick people. This is her latest painting of herself and a butterfly.
* We took the girls to Spruce Meadows for the National Tournament. It was lots of fun. There was plenty of entertainment for the children. Face painting, wagon rides, a marketplace featuring artisans and crafters, the Prairie Dogs (a dog show with obstacle courses and timed races), a large playground, first responders (with police cars and fire trucks that the children could sit in), pony rides and stables where you could see the horses up close. We all had a great day out.
* We attended Miss S's school dance. Miss C had a great time dancing with all the big girls.
* We went to the theatre on Father's Day to enjoy the performance of Mary Poppins. This version of the production mixes the Disney movie storyline with characters from the book series and new songs. It was wonderful.
* Sean and I had a date night. We went to see the always fabulous Michael Buble in concert. He sang for 2 hours and it felt like we had only been there a few minutes before it was time to leave. Such a fun night.
The opening act was the very talented Naturally 7. If you haven't heard of them, check them out on YouTube. They are an American music group who sing a capella style (which they call "vocal play").
* Miss C graduated from preschool this week! The children listened to a story about moving on to kindergarten, then sang their graduation song and received their certificates. She was very proud of herself!