Pages

July 14, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - July 14, 2014



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning:
Puffins original with milk and a cup of tea.

On today's to do list:
Laundry
Sweep and mop kitchen floor
Vacuum couches (and under cushions)

Inventory pantry/freezer/fridge
Write grocery list
Buy more fish food and water cleaner

Currently reading:
The Covenant by Beverly Lewis

The weather outside is:
Beautiful.  27C this afternoon.

On the menu this week:
Monday - Chicken fajitas
Tuesday - Ham steak with chips, peas and salad
Wednesday - Baked salmon with green beans and rice pilaf
Thursday - Spaghetti bolognaise with salad
Friday - Leftovers/buffet night
Saturday - Dinner out
Sunday - Bacon wrapped sirloin steaks with baked potatoes and corn 


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will:
Have a hot bath.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week:
Lemon glazed gingerbread.

In the garden:
I had to stake my peas as they have grown quite a bit this week.  Tomato plants are starting to flower.  We have already enjoyed a few strawberries.  

Favorite photo from the camera:
One of the food stands at Stampede

Homemaking Tip:
Freeze leftover wine into ice cubes.  Add into gravies, casseroles or whichever dish you need a little wine in.  

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye):
One of my favourite blogs is Cultivating Home.  


If you would like to join in, please link up to Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom here


3 comments:

  1. The lemon glazed gingerbread sounds amazing. I love the picture of the food vendor, the colors are just amazing.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felicia. If the gingerbread recipe comes out well, I'll post the recipe on the blog. Enjoy your week. :)

      Delete
  2. I also want to see the gingerbread recipe, that sounds soooo good.

    I love your photo :) Your dinner of Fajitas sounds delicious, as does the rest of the menu.

    Have a wonderful week Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated!