Pages

October 06, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 6, 2014


Good morning everyone.  I'm not sure what happened last week, but I forgot to post HHM on Monday.  Sorry!


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning:
Cornflakes and a large cup of tea.

On today's to do list:
Laundry
Sweep and mop kitchen floor

Inventory pantry/freezer/fridge
Write grocery list

Currently reading:
The Martha Rules by Martha Stewart

The weather outside is:
Really nice for this time of year.  A high of 15C today.   

On the menu this week:
Monday - Barbecue glazed chicken with rice, corn and peas
Tuesday - Spaghetti with meatballs
Wednesday - Gammon steak with baked beans and scrambled eggs
Thursday - Maple salmon with mashed potatoes, green beans and asparagus
Friday - Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches
Saturday - Fish and chips
Sunday - Thanksgiving dinner with family


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will:
Plan some fall crafts to do with the girls.
     
Favorite photo from the camera:


Miss S celebrated her 9th birthday yesterday!

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye): 
Lucy at Craftberry Bush is an artist and has such a beautiful blog.  

If you would like to join in, please link up to Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom here



7 comments:

  1. Love that cake!!! And the look on Miss S's face is priceless!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy! She certainly had a happy day. :)

      Delete
  2. Your menu sounds absolutely delicious! I made a cake like that for my daughter a few years ago. I was surprised at how simple it actually was. She just loved it.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. I was also surprised how quick it was. It took longer for the cake to bake, than to decorate it. :)

      Delete
  3. That menu sounds so good, especially the salmon. I love that cake, I've always wanted to make one but somehow always forget about it.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maple salmon is great! Miss S asked for a chocolate cake and I don't think I could have fit more chocolate on it. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't had Salmon in so long, yum. Love the birthday cake, it's so cute and I'm sure she loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated!